In the newly revised second edition of ABC of Prehospital Emergency Medicine, a team of experienced prehospital practitioners deliver a comprehensive up-to-date guide to the rapidly evolving field of prehospital emergency medicine. The book includes evidence-based practice and expert opinion to meet the needs of the PHEM training curriculum covering operational, clinical and system considerations. An international team of expert editors and contributors have also provided readers with:
* A thorough introduction to prehospital emergency medicine, including activation and deployment, personal protective equipment, and scene safety and assessment
* Comprehensive exploration of the primary survey, airway, breathing, and circulation assessments
* Practical discussions of prehospital anesthesia, analgesia, sedation, monitoring and ultrasound
* The prehospital management of medical, trauma and psychiatric emergencies
* How to care for special groups, including the elderly, obstetric, pediatric, and bariatric patients
* Considerations in mass casualty and chemical, biological, radiation, and nuclear incidents.
ABC of Prehospital Emergency Medicine is essential reading for paramedics, doctors, nurses and other prehospital practitioners. The text is ideal for those undertaking subspecialty PHEM training, those studying for postgraduate prehospital degree modules, or practitioners undertaking PHEM exams.