For more than 25 years, Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain and Spine has been the leading textbook on imaging diagnosis of brain
and spine disorders. The Fifth Edition continues this tradition of excellence
with thorough coverage of recent trends and changes in the clinical
diagnosis and treatment of CNS diseases, and how those changes
relate to MRI findings. It remains a comprehensive, state-of-the-art reference
for all who have an interest in neuroradiology - trainees to experts in the field, basic science researchers,
- Shows how to generate state-of-the-art images and define diagnoses from crucial clinical/pathologic MR
imaging correlations for neurologic, neurosurgical, and psychiatric diseases spanning fetal CNS anomalies
to disorders of the aging brain.
- Explains new imaging methodology (hardware- and software-based) in a variety of clinical settings.
- Discusses emerging, clinically relevant research in well-established neurologic disorders such as
stroke and brain tumors, as well as developing clinical applications in non-traditional areas, including
neurodegenerative disease and fetal anomalies.
- Analyzes the detail of clinically important imaging findings; defines the role of MRI findings in the clinical
setting of neurologic disease; illustrates the pathologic basis for MRI findings; and explores the use of
emerging MRI methods as new contributions to diagnosis and treatment.
- Emphasizes that the diagnosis of neurologic disease must still be grounded in evidence and based on 'the
known' - neuropathology, genetics, clinical history, and proven imaging findings - rather than on new
techniques solely because they exist.
- Presents the combined knowledge and expertise of renowned neuroradiologists, innovative MRI physicists,
and experienced leading clinical neurospecialists from all over the world.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your
tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your
notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use