Bereits im Bestand
Stephen J. Bonsor, Gavin Pearson
A Clinical Guide to Applied Dental Materials E-Book
Clinical Guide to Applied Dental Materials E-Book
A new textbook on the practical use of dental materials suitable for undergraduate dental students and qualified dental practitioners taking post-graduate exams in dental materials, restorative dentistry, operative techniques, advanced conservative dentistry, endodontics, removable prosthodontics and implantology.
- Highly practical and evidenced-based throughout - closing the gap between theory and practice to give readers confidence in selecting and preparing the right material for the patient and circumstance
- Amply illustrated in full colour with over 1000 photographs, artworks and tables to clearly demonstrate both materials and techniques
- Helps readers appreciate the important relationship between clinical manipulation and the practical use of dental materials
- Describes how to properly select a given material for any situation, how to use materials to best effect and when and how not to use them
- 'Good practice' and 'Warning' boxes help readers recall important information
- Uniquely written by a practising dentist with academic experience and an academic in biomaterials with extensive clinical experience
- Self-assessment questions with full answers helps readers consolidate learning and prepare for exams
- Designed to improve clinical success and improve patient outcomes
- Perfect for all undergraduate and postgraduate students studying dental material science and/or restorative dentistry
Mr Steve Bonsor is a general dental practitioner working in private practice in Aberdeen. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 1992 with Honours and won the Hepburn Prize for the best senior student in dental hospital practice. In 1997, he gained a Diploma in Post Graduate Dental Studies from the University of Bristol. Also in that year he was appointed a part-time clinical teacher at Dundee Dental Hospital and School and Honorary Clinical Teacher at the University of Dundee in the Sections of Operative Dentistry, Fixed Prosthodontics, Endodontology and Integrated Oral Care and taught there on a part time basis until 2006. He was admitted as a member to the Institute of Learning and Teaching in 2001 and awarded Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy in 2007. He completed a Master of Science at the University of Bristol graduating in 2008.
He is heavily involved in postgraduate dental education having lectured throughout the UK. He has also extensive experience of tutoring the dental team, in particular dental nurses. He has recently been appointed as an Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Edinburgh. He is currently actively involved in research having published original research articles in peer reviewed journals with his main research areas being Photo-Activated Disinfection and the clinical performance of dental materials. He is a referee for a number of dental journals. He is a key influence of a number of dental material and equipment manufacturers.