Bereits im Bestand
Thomas John Hewetson, Karin Austin, Kathryn Gwynn-Brett, Sarah Marshall
An Illustrated Guide To Taping Techniques
Principles and Practice
This successful and acclaimed guide has now been fully updated and expanded in its second edition. Injuries arre a constant problem in sporting life and often require immediate, on-the-spot action ot alleviate pain and limit further damage. this book addresses the two most essential elements of effective taping - reconition of injuries and applicaiton of tehcniquees.
Accessible, portable and easy to use, the book is organized into two sections: the first covers taping supplies and their use, taping objectives, guidelines, basic pathology and key taping strategies; the second shows taping techniques in precise, step-by-step stages illustrated by color photographs. Techniques are further illustrated by physical demonstration in the DVD accompanying the book.
Good taping is a matter of practice, but this book goes further than simply showing HOW to tape - it explores the reasons WHY we tape, and the therapeutic effect it has on the physiology, neurophysiology, biomechanics, neuromusculoskeletal system and psychology of an individual. The possible adverse reactions to these systems are also covered, as well as dermatological adverse reactions.
- Easy to use, step-by-step pictorial presentation
- Demonstrates techniques to provide immediate pain relief as well as the best environment for healing
- Includes detailed charts to help identify the injury and select the most appropriate taping tehcnique
- Illustrates and clarifies basic soft-tissue anatomy and physiology
- Portable, on-field manual
- Describes selection and use of taping material
- New color photographs and anatomical illustrations
- DVD with videoclips of taping techniques
Hewetson owns and runs 2 osteopathic and sports injuries clinics in Middlesex. He has worked extensively with athletes both full time and part time, at national and international level, at both senior and junior age groups. At present he is consultant osteopath to London Wasps RFC and London Divisional Rugby (U/18) for the Rugby Football Union. He has attended in excess of 300 rugby matches pitch-side. He has also had occasion to work for: England RFU, England Select 7's, London Broncos RLFC, UK Athletics and The British Triathlon Association. He has attended a Commonwealth Games as part of the core medical team (Manchester 2002).