Understanding and performing tests, interpreting lab results, and performing patient teaching are made easier with Mosby's® Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, 7th Edition. This one-stop resource provides clear, concise, and consistent coverage of the most commonly performed diagnostic and laboratory tests. Valuable in academic and clinical settings alike, it is beloved for its full-color design, user-friendly organization, and illustrations that help clarify key concepts. Updated content with new tests and images ensures you have the most current and relevant information available.
- Comprehensive and consistent presentation of tests follows a sequence that best simulates priorities in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE Test Results and Clinical Significance sections describe the significance of the test findings and discuss the pathophysiology of the disease process and how it relates to the test result.
- UNIQUE Critical Values sections indicate test values of particular significance.
- UNIQUE Icons indicate drugs that increase or decrease test values and patient teaching priorities.
- Age-Related Concerns boxes address pediatric and geriatric priorities.
- Results are provided in SI units in addition to others, when applicable.
- NEW More than 25 new tests focus mainly on the areas of blood studies and x-ray studies.
- NEW Diagnostic Testing for Most Common Diseases section highlights the integration of medical testing as it relates to a specific disease, clinical syndrome, or medical condition.
- UPDATED New images throughout the manual reflect the latest developments in the field.
Kathleen D. Pagana has been a leader in healthcare for more than 40 years, with experiences including college teaching, administration, clinical practice, business management, writing, and professional speaking. She is a Certified Speaking Professional and speaks at national and international conferences.