Introducing a plan for success with the only nursing care planning reference book for all core clinical areas
- Bolded and highlighted Safety Icons corresponds to the safety competency of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative for easier recognition.
- Care plans for all four major clinical areas include medical-surgical, OB/maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric-mental health nursing care plans.
- A consistent format for each care plan enables you to perform faster searches, with headings for Overview/Pathophysiology, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Patient Problems, Desired Outcomes, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
- Prioritized patient problems are listed in order of importance and physiologic patient needs.
- Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help you apply concepts to specific patient situations in clinical practice.
- Full-color design makes the book more user friendly and includes color-coded tabs and improved cross-referencing and navigation aids for faster information retrieval.
- NEW Interprofessional 'patient problems' focus familiarizes you with how to speak to patients and other medical colleagues in the consistent interprofessional language of 'patient problems,' rather than the?nursing-specific language of nursing diagnosis.
- NEW Updated content throughout reflects the latest evidence-based treatment guidelines and national and international clinical practice guidelines.