This guide for the practicing chromatographer who wants a ready source of information on HPLC detection explores and compares existing detection systems and detectors, outlines the common problems associated with a given detector, and offers proven approaches to avoiding such problems.
* Addresses the practical aspects of HPLC detection, including:
* when a particular type of detector can be used
* how detectors from various manufacturers differ
* common problems of detectors and ways to avoid them
* Presents an overview of today's most common techniques
* Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of HPLC, dispelling common misconceptions