Bereits im Bestand
Kathy W. Clarke, Cynthia M. Trim
This is a fully revised new edition of this essential text covering anaesthesia and analgesia in all large and small animal species. The new edition has greatly expanded sections on anaesthesia of exotic species such as small mammals, llamas, camels and many more, and also has a new section on anaesthesia of wild animals, both large and small, and birds.
The book is divided into 3 sections; the first, Principles and Procedures covers pharmacology and pharmacokinetics, monitoring, sedation and premedication and much more. The second section comprises chapters on anaesthesia in all the main species and the third section covers anaesthesia in special cases, complications and crises !
Almost 200 prints and line illustrations enhance the comprehensive text, and make the new edition of Veterinary Anaesthesia 10/e an essential purchase for all vets !
- all large and small animal species covered in one book: includes new advances in anaesthesia in horses, birds, lab animals and wild animals
- glossary of USA and UK drug names: up-dated coverage of all new anaesthetic agents in Europe and the USA
- first section covers principles of drug action, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- the only book to discuss anaesthesia of individual species in detail: lot of info on anaesthesia of goats, sheep and other herbivores such as camels and llamas
- also covers analgesia in all species
- chapter on special cases such as anaesthesia in obstetrics
- chapter on anaesthetic accidents and crises !
- the new edition will be made more student-friendly by adding special boxes in the text which will be relevant for this group.
- Full revision and update of content