The Fundamentals of Nursing: Clinical skills workbook
will support Potter & Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing 3rd edition in 2012 by providing a separate clinical skills workbook, accompanied by a suite of Australian clinical skills videos.
The workbook features the nursing skills from the text, accompanied by an overview at the beginning of each skill set and supported by clinical skill competency check lists aligned with the National Competency Standards for the Registered Nurse.
The Bondy rating scale has been incorporated to provide clearly defined levels of competency and an opportunity for reflection is included at the end of each skill to encourage meaningful learning.
A suite of clinical skills videos are available online to support the workbook. Ideal for viewing in class, the videos also provide students with a valuable tool for revision prior to assessment.
- The trusted Step-by-Step approach for all skills as used in Potter and Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing, 4th ANZ edition by Crisp, Taylor, Douglas and Rebeiro
- Competency checklists aligned to the National Competency Standards for the Registered Nurse for Australia and New Zealand
- The Bondy rating scale provides a valuable tool for assessment
- Accompanied by a suite of Australian nursing clinical skills videos via the Evolve platform
11 NEW skills including 8 health assessment skills:
- Skill 27-1 Abdominal health assessment
- Skill 27-2 Musculoskeletal health assessment
- Skill 27-3 Cardiovascular health assessment
- Skill 27-4 Respiratory health assessment
- Skill 27-5 Neurological health assessment
- Skill 27-6 Mental Health
- Skill 27-7 Body systems assessment
- Skill 41-2 Pain health assessment