Robot-assisted surgery is quickly being recognized as a significant innovation, demonstrating the potential to change treatment paradigms for head and neck disease. State-of-the-art robotics enables surgeons to access complex anatomy using a more minimally invasive approach, with the potential to improve patient outcome and reduce surgical morbidity.
Cutting-edge practical guide for surgeons seeking to integrate robotic surgery into their practice
- Covers the basics of training and education, ethical considerations, room set-up and instrumentation, and avoidance of complications
- Approaches to robotic surgery for malignancies of the oropharynx, larynx, hypopharynx, thyroid, neck, skull base, and parapharyngeal space
- Chapters on robotic techniques for sleep apnea
- International clinicians who have pioneered new paths in the application of robotic-assisted surgery
- 150 superb illustrations enhance the didactic text
- Online access to 10 videos showing robotic surgical techniques on Thieme’s MediaCenter