Like no other book, this brilliant pocket guide helps to grasp the connection between three-dimensional organ systems and their two-dimensional representation in ultrasound imaging.
* Recognize, name, and confidently locate all organs, landmarks, and anatomical details of the abdomen
* All standard planes are shown, including transverse and longitudinal scans for regions of sonographic interest (including the thyroid gland)
* Topographic relationships of organs and structures in all three spatial planes provide rapid orientation for the newcomer
* Over 250 fully labeled image quartets, each showing: the preferred location of the transducer on the body; the resulting image; a labeled drawing of the image, keyed to anatomic structures; and a small 3-D drawing showing the location of the scanning plane in the organ.
* Body markers with information on transducer handling and positioning for each sonogram
* Over 250 rules of thumb and key concepts
* All relevant landmarks, measurable parameters, and normal values