* Practical approach facilitates rapid integration of procedures into practice
* User-friendly design makes essential information highly accessible
* Helpful fluoroscopic images reflect emphasis on improving accuracy
* Includes an invaluable chapter on billing and coding assists with reimbursement and payment
* Features ready-to-use templates for chart documentation and patient management
Joint injection is a particularly beneficial treatment for inflammatory and degenerative conditions in the upper and lower extremities and the spine. The technique is effective for managing pain after other treatments have failed and, though the procedure has historically been performed by orthopedists, physiatrists, rheumatologists and interventional radiologists, the ease with which injection procedures can be integrated into a physician’s practice have led to increased interest from family and sports medicine physicians. Injection Procedures: Osteoarthritis and Related Conditions is focused on practical, step-by-step guidelines to performing image-guided injection procedures. It includes pearls and pitfalls, useful images from real procedure, and documentation templates for including information in a patient’s medical record. With chapters dedicated to the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot in addition to practical chapters on incorporating these procedures into a daily practice, this book is a comprehensive handbook for any physician interested in offering injection procedures as an option to his or her patients.