* Strengthens the information provided in the first edition
* Offers new chapters that discuss recent controversies in therapeutics
* Provides relevant cardiovascular core knowledge that will assist medical graduates, biologists, physicists, biomedical engineers, biochemists, pharmacologists and allied health personnel in pursuing cardiovascular research
* Contains a format and style that allow for easy reading and rapid extraction of information
* Includes historical information to motivate and awaken new interests in the solving of the pathogenesis, pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of strategies of a variety of heart diseases
The audience for the book includes: Researchers / MDs [those engaged solely in research]. MDs [non clinicians] that are in areas such as pharmacology, microbiology, pathology, physiology, genetics, biochemistry, and the like; PhDs who are not MDs but are engaged in research related to medicine, particularly the development of cardiovascular drugs and diagnostic equipment; those engaged in science and technology; pharmaceutical firms and their work force are a meaningful audience. Also biomedical engineers, biologists, physicists, the allied sciences.
The information provided in the electronic version, however, will be strong enough such that medical students, general practitioners and general internists may consult the work particularly if medical alerts are a feature.