In this pathbreaking volume, a multidisciplinary team of international experts puts catheter–based treatment techniques in context by exploring the pathobiology of specific diseases alongside a discussion of imaging tools and functional tests, and a comparison to alternative treatment approaches provided by cardiovascular surgery.
This comprehensive overview of interventional cardiology:
* Explains treatments in depth, including imaging techniques and functional tests
* Serves as both a theoretical and practical guide to available treatment approaches that can be tailored for individual patients
* Provides the latest scientific data and new surgical alternatives
* Presents a practically oriented view of the most important interventional strategies
* Is written by a strong team of well-published and highly-regarded authors, the people whose breakthroughs in the clinic and the lab have made interventional cardiology the dynamic field it is today
Practitioners, fellows, and trainees who want a state-of-the-art guide to interventional cardiology can depend on this carefully crafted guide for authoritative information.