Bereits im Bestand
Simon Barraclough, Heather Gardner
Analysing Health Policy
A Problem-Oriented Approach
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. This introductory text explores Australian health policy through a novel, problem-orientated approach. It shows the problem-solving techniques that are used when developing policy and demonstrates the skills of analysis and decision making. Introductory chapters explain the problem-orientated approach to health policy development and introduce the policy making process. These are followed by case studies that explore developments in Australian health policy in priority and topical areas. Chapters illustrate how policy-makers respond to perennial and emerging policy problems and demonstrate problem-solving approaches to the conception, development and implementation of health policy. Of particular concern are areas which are in transition or are highly contested. A team of prominent and expert contributors gives an overview of key issues, analyse the policy responses that have occurred and propose directions for the future. Topics covered span governance, values and specific service areas within major established areas of health policy of national concern as well as emerging problems and developments that have occurred in response to well-known cases.
- Takes a novel, problem-oriented approach to analysing health policy in Australia, which fits well with how policy is often created in practice.
- Combines a conceptual framework with a rich selection of pertinent and topical case studies by prominent researchers and policy practitioners to put policy analysis in context and give insights from practical experience.
- Topics have been chosen to appeal to students from a wide range of health backgrounds and include issues in nursing, management, rehabilitation, health information, and technology.
- Includes questions for discussion in each chapter.
- A companion Evolve website for Instructors contains chapter-by-chapter notes on review questions, suggestions for tutorial exercises, assignment topics and examination questions.
Sofort zum Download (Download: PDF, EPUB)
1. Auflage, 2007
Elsevier Health Care - Major Reference Works