A Physiotherapist's Guide to Measurement
is an essential tool for both the student and clinician who will gain ready access to a wide range of common measurement techniques. This exclusive handy guide gives detailed images of the various measuring methods used in practice, such as goniometric measurement of all the main joints; lower and upper limb girth measurements; manual muscle testing of all major muscle groups; spinal measurements; spirometry (respiratory function); and many more! Each illustration is accompanied by concise but clear instructional text. Additionally, reference tables cover the aims, methodology and results of research, summarising studies on the reliability and validity of a particular measuring tool.
- Highly illustrated with clear step-by-step guidance
- Anatomy reviews for each region
- Observational checklist to facilitate peer review and student's performance
- Space to record a simulated patient record and further notes
- Spiral-binding allows for easy, lie-flat reference