Bereits im Bestand
Richard B. Gunderman
Achieving Excellence in Medical Education
A goldmine of theoretical insights and practical suggestions, Achieving Excellence in Medical Education, Second Edition explores the essential question facing medical educators and learners today: What is our vision of educational excellence, and what can we do to enhance our performance?
Among the topics explored within this updated, engaging, informative, and thought-provoking text are:
• Education's position as a priority of medical schools
• Seminal educational insights from non-medical educators
• Best practices of outstanding educators and learners
• Promises and pitfalls of new educational technologies
• Key resources for promoting excellence in medical education
• Medical education's role in preparing future leaders
• Leadership roles for medical schools in universities and society
Reviews of the first edition:
'This is an eloquent, quotable, and inspirational book that provides a template for 'Achieving Excellence in Medical Education.' - Journal of the American Medical Association
'Gunderman is an accomplished educator, well known as a thoughtful and provocative teacher. . . I recommend his book to department chairs, clerkship and residency program directors, and education professionals who are shaping the future of medical education.' - New England Journal of Medicine
Dr Richard B. Gunderman is Vice Chairman, Department of Radiology and Director, Pediatric Radiology at Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA. He is also a professor of Medical Education, Philosophy, Liberal Arts, and Philanthropy.