Code accurately and efficiently with Carol J. Buck's 2012 ICD-10-CM Draft Standard Edition. Using Netter's Anatomy illustrations and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) with a format designed by coders for coders, this handy reference simplifies diagnosis coding to ensure accurate billing and optimal reimbursement for outpatient medical services. Illustrations and explanations of A&P, pathology, and medical terminology make it easier to develop the knowledge needed to assign the appropriate codes.
- Coverage of ICD-10-CM codes prepares you for the new code set replacing ICD-9-CM Volumes 1 & 2 for physician-based (outpatient) coding.
- 32 full-color Netter anatomy images are included in the front of the book, helping you understand complex anatomy and how it affects coding.
- Photos and illustrations help you understand difficult terminology, diseases/conditions, and special coding considerations.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are included within the list of codes and in a separate index for fast, easy access to coding rules when you need them.
- Numerous Annotations and Items throughout the Disease Tabular explain common diseases and conditions, helping you code more accurately.
- Symbols for Unacceptable First-Listed Diagnosis, Use Additional Character(s), Unspecified, Complications and Comorbidities (CC) and Major Complications and Comorbities (MCC), Includes and Excludes, Code First, and Code Also clearly identify codes that will need special consideration to ensure accurate coding.
- NEW! Age and Sex edits from the Medicare Code Editor alert you to codes that are used only with patients of a specific age or sex, helping to ensure accurate reporting
- Present on Admission symbol highlights the diseases that will always be coded as present on admission.
- Hospital Acquired Condition symbol notes specific conditions that will always be coded as hospital acquired for easier recognition.