Osborns Brain: Imaging, Pathology, and Anatomy is the much-pleaded-for successor to Anne G. Osborns 1993 award winning book Diagnostic Neuroradiology (a.k.a. The Red Book), which became one of the all-time bestselling neuroradiology texts.
In this highly anticipated 950-page volume, Anne Osborn applies her special touch to make complex topics visually appealing and easy to understand. It wraps the must know aspects of brain imaging together with spectacular pathology examples, relevant anatomy, and the most up-to-date information in brain imaging.
Osborns Brain is organized for curriculum-based learning. Osborn begins with critical topics, such as trauma, to help the reader learn in the order that is most practical for a resident or practicing radiologist. Indeed, this volume helps readers learn how to think about diagnoses, types of diagnoses, and the various pathologies that can affect the brain.
Even as Osborn takes readers by the hand to introduce them to the world of brain imaging, she includes new concepts and diagnoses that will intrigue the most sophisticated neuroradiologist.
The format of this book departs significantly from Osborns most recent publications. Rather than using bulleted text, she returns to detailed prose paragraphs designed to be a comprehensive learning resource. Summary boxes highlight the most important points from each section, enhancing functionality and ease of use.
This detail - rich content is augmented with over 2,375 stunning, high resolution radiographic images and medical illustrations, all of which are annotated to describe the most clinically significant features.
Osborns Brain is easy to read, a visual delight, and a feast of concise, clear information. This impressive volume gives every radiologist and clinical neuroscientist exactly what he or she needs to know, while offering a fascinating journey into Anne Osborns brain!
* Written by renowned neuroradiologist Anne G. Osborn, author of The Red Book, one of the all-time bestselling neuroradiology texts
* Information is presented in detailed prose paragraphs rather than bullets, helping the reader understand the thinking behind the conclusions and serving as an up-to-date comprehensive learning resource
* The most critical topics are discussed first, giving the resident and practicing radiologist quick access to what matters most
* Summary boxes highlight the most important points from each section
* Contains over 3,000 superb images, including high resolution radiographic images and detailed medical illustrations
* Explanatory text describes the diagnostically significant features of each image
* Includes a companion eBook, accessible online with fully searchable text
* Published by Amirsys®, globally renowned radiology and pathology diagnostic imaging publishe